Old 18-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Saffy

Default Plant enquiry

"jane" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 May 2003 22:30:07 +0100, "Saffy"
wrote:

~I subscribed to this ng last summer when I needed to know the name of a
~plant we have in our garden. I realized that you lot are all so
~knowledgable that I am still subscribed a year on! I don't post much as

my
~gardening knowledge is very limited but I contribute when I can.
~
~I have a plant in my garden that my husband dug up from the garden at his
~parents new house, We have no idea what is is, but he likes it and wants

it
~to stay - could anyone identify it please? I created a webshots album

with
~a couple of photos as I couldn't find anywhere else to upload the

pictures
~to. They can be found at http://community.webshots.com/user/4weekids
~
yikes! It looks alien!
I have no idea, never seen anything like it, but I'd like to know

myself...
Where exactly was it dug up from?

hope somebody knows...

--
jane

Thanks for all the replies - I think we will probably keep it (for the
meantime anyway) as it is currently at the back of a bed and well out of
reach of my nearly 2 year old. The rest have all been warned not to pick
any of the plants without me letting them.

It was dug up in Ross-on-Wye, but has been here in rainy Ayrshire since last
summer so is pretty hardy. To be honest, its not really to my taste but
I've got to let someone else have a say in the plants occasionally!

Saffy.