Old 18-05-2003, 05:56 PM
BenignVanilla

Default English ivy - Hedera helix

"zookeeper" wrote in message
Found a couple pictures and some info on English ivy. Pictures show the
flowers and fruit (which produces the seed which can be carried by
birds). Other interesting fact I found on the English ivy seed is that
its fruit / seed is mainly consumed by non-native birds.

Adult form in flower: http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ldplants/hehe3.htm
Fruiting adult: http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ldplants/hehe7.htm
Info: http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ldplants/hehe.htm

I found these at an expansive site operated by the Oregon State
University. It has four "volumes" of landscape plants, and growing /
climate zone info for Oregon, Washington and Idaho.

Kathy...great links...thanks. I need to go look at my Ivy again. I don't
think it looks like that. I wonder if I actually have the boston stuff?

BV.