Old 18-05-2003, 08:08 PM
GamePlayer No. 1058

Default Suckers: Why remove them?

I had what I think is a sucker come up last year, it came out from the dirt
near the base of this 9 year old plant. It grew like wildfire, at least 7
feet. My partner said to remove it and that it was a bad thing, but I didnt
listen to him and just cut it down to about 3 feet. This year it has a
branch coming off of it thats like 4 feet long and absolutely filled with a
red flower whereas the rest of the flowers on this plant are pink. The
plant is a J&P Color Magic.

Is the oddball offshoot flowers different because they grafted the color
magic to a different species of rootball?

And what is the downside of suckers and leaving them on the plant?