Old 18-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Keeping opened seed packets?

In article ,
Sue & Bob Hobden wrote:

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
Do brassica and other veg seeds keep from one year to the next? If so what
is the best way to do this?

We use most of them from year to year without trouble. Just reseal the
packet and put somewhere cool and dry, we use the under-stairs cupboard.
Normally buy new if more than two years old.

I find that most will keep for 5 years, and that the conventional
rules of which will and won't are unreliable. It depends on the
condition when you buy them and the variety as much as the species.

I keep mine in a USA army surplus 0.5" machine gun ammunition box,
which was originally airtight is still is pretty good.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.