Old 19-05-2003, 01:20 AM
GamePlayer No. 1058

Default Are climbing roses more suseptable to disease?

The one climber that came up on it's own is full of mildew (I went to the
store and got some spray, then took a closer look at the climber, it's got
mildew all over the place). At first I didnt think so, but then I noticed
the other rose bushes that have it are my color magic, BUT, it's not
actually on the Color Magic, it's on a sucker that grew out last year, and
this sucker has the same flowers that my climber does.

Theres also another climber that was mismarked from home depot from last
year, it wasnt marked as a climber, but it's showing that it is a climber
AND has the same flowers as my other climbers.

So, are they more suseptable to disease like white powder mildew? It
appears after closer inspection that almost all my rose bushes have the
mildew, and Im thinking at this point my only option is going to be to prune
them way way back at the end of the season, since it's so rampant now, I
think pruning them down to 14" might kill them now. I priced some
fungicides, but I think I'd need like 3 gallons of the stuff (concentrate)
to make enough mixture to douse all the roses in my garden.

What do you suggest I do at this point?

Thanks,
Adam