Old 27-01-2003, 12:45 AM

Default Flower Boxes on Fence

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:27:56 GMT, "Warren"
wrote:

I'm in zone 8, south of Portland, OR, so the winters are rainy, and the
summers very dry. The top of the fence is pretty much in full sun -- at
least the parts that I'm thinking about doing this to. And I'm looking
more for color than just foliage.

Any ideas?

The people I bought my spot from had ledges on the fence that they
kept plants on. I talked to the local nurseymen about some plants for
them, and they warned me that it would be very difficult to grow
plants there, because the wind and sun would dry them out very
quickly. So my idea is, make sure you can water yours without too
much difficulty!

Rebecca