Old 19-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Tim Fischer

Default Cost to mow...

My neighbor is in a bind, since their lawn tractor is on the fritz. He
wants me to mow their yard until they make other arrangements. I'm not real
keen on the idea as I have a bigger need for time (for all my own projects)
than money. But, I want to be neighborly...

How much should I charge (he's definitely willing to pay) to mow about 8/10
acre of mostly treeless property with few obstacles? Also, I will not be
doing any trimming, edging, raking, etc-- pretty much just what my lawn
tractor can do.

I want to charge enough so that they want to find other arrangements sooner
than later, but not so much as to be ridiculous. We just moved here last
July and don't really know these folks at all, so I'm surprised they asked
us (although we're their closest neighbor and have a brand new Deere so they
know we can do it.

I'm in suburban Minneapolis, if that matters.

Thanks,
-Tim