Old 29-01-2003, 08:01 PM
zhanataya

Default Wildflower Identification Needed

On 28 Jan 2003 11:58:07 -0800, (Inyo) wrote:

A few years ago I took the photograph of some wildflowers, uploaded to
http://salinevalley.topcities.com/wi...ldflowers.html ,on the
Mojave Desert, California, around Red Rock Canyon State Park, Kern
County. I was wondering if somebody might be able to identify them.
Any help would be most-appreciated, indeed.

My active email address is Waucoba at netscape.net

Fossil Plants At Aldrich Hill, Nevada
http://goldpoint.topcities.com/ah/aldrichhill.html

I just watched a 2 part documentary about Death Valley on Discovery.
That very plant was shown and identified. According to the program it
only blooms when there is rain on the valley floor, which don't happen
often. Have you tried the county extension office where Death Valley
is located? Or a Death Valley museum? I sorry I can't remember what
they said it was.

zhan