Old 19-05-2003, 06:20 AM
MC

Default Yellow Groove Bamboo Growth Rate

I was thinking of planting some yellow groove as a screen in my yard.
I have a small yard. How have not been able to find out:

-What kind of root system do they have? I have a man-made pond near by
and don't want roots penatrating my liner. How deep do they go and how
wide from the base of the plant do they spread?

-How fast does it grow? My nursery has them about 10' tall for $100. I
see them online for $20-$40, obviously much smaller. Will it take
1,2,5,10 years for them to reach maximum height (I read 25')?

Thanks