Old 12-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Sushil Prasad

Default LOW LIGHT PLANTS

HI,

I have 20gallon with 15 watt aqua -glo. I have some plants like
java-fern,java moss and crypto species. They are doing fine as my tank also
gets about 2 hours of sunlight per day. I was wondering if there are any
other plant that would do well in such a low light.

Also when should the aqua-glo be replaced, i got the tank from a relative
and it came with bulb. The bulb seem to be bit old as it is blackish on the
ends.

And would it help the plants if i used another spectrum of bulb instead of
aqua glo, like life-glo or sun glo or the marine aquarium blubs.

thanks