Old 11-02-2003, 04:13 AM
WD

Default swords and emersed leaves.....

I understand that many aquatic plants are grown out of water, and these
leaves will die, being replaced with new. I recently bought 3 large amazon
swords, and the leaves are yellowing. At what point should I worry? What can
I do to ensure their survival?
75 US gallon
20 gallon sump, standard overflow
40x4 flourescent, timed, 11 or so hours per day
heavy fish load (barbs, tetras, loaches)
moderately planted, java fern, java moss,anubias, anacharis, amazon swords.
Using seachem florish, seachem trace according to package directions.
ph 7.1-7.2
temp 78f
nitrite0
ammonia 0
nitrate 80ppm+

Yeah, I did each test as I wrote this. The nitrate results surprised,
shocked, and horrified me. Water change scheduled. Like 10 minutes from
now.g

tia

Billy