Old 15-02-2003, 04:55 AM
Zach

Default What am I forgetting?

Hello all,

I have now maintained my 29g planted tank for a little over a year and am
ready to take the leap to a larger tank. Since this is my first foray into
a borderline large tank, I am curious if I am forgetting anything.

I will be setting up a 75g fairly heavily planted tank. This is what I am
currently thinking of getting. Any thoughts or recommendations would be
appreciated.

-AH supply 4 x 55 watt power compact light kit and one of their finished
enclosures, I doubt that I am crafty enough to build one.

-One of Dave Gomberg's CO2 setups.

-Eheim professional canister filters - either the 2026 or the 2028, not
certain which would be best.

-Not sure what I should use as a substrate. I have read a fairly good chunk
of the archives, but their doesn't seem to be a consensus.

- Thermometer and heaters (I was thinking 2 x 250 watt would be appropriate?

Thanks for any recommendations you might make,

Zach