Old 15-02-2003, 05:04 AM
daniel godwin

Default What am I forgetting?

Seriously, it's not that hard to make your own enclosure. I did, and I'm
really not that handy with wood (or anything for that matter.) I used a
hand saw to cut the wood, screws and glue to put it all together and stain
and eurthane to protect it. Mine wasn't even square on the insides, but it
worked after a little adjustment and looks ok.
I really think you can do it, especially if you can handle setting up and
maintaining any planted aquarium. The only advantage to the premade one is
that it's done all ready (duh) and it *might* look a little nicer than
yours. If you have a spetacular looking tank, people won't notice if your
top isn't square, or that you accidently mismeasured, so you had to reglue a
piece of wood for the top (as I did)

Daniel

ps: I use flourite and gravel mixed for my substrate.

"Zach" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have now maintained my 29g planted tank for a little over a year and am
ready to take the leap to a larger tank. Since this is my first foray

into
a borderline large tank, I am curious if I am forgetting anything.

I will be setting up a 75g fairly heavily planted tank. This is what I am
currently thinking of getting. Any thoughts or recommendations would be
appreciated.

-AH supply 4 x 55 watt power compact light kit and one of their finished
enclosures, I doubt that I am crafty enough to build one.

-One of Dave Gomberg's CO2 setups.

-Eheim professional canister filters - either the 2026 or the 2028, not
certain which would be best.

-Not sure what I should use as a substrate. I have read a fairly good

chunk
of the archives, but their doesn't seem to be a consensus.

- Thermometer and heaters (I was thinking 2 x 250 watt would be

appropriate?

Thanks for any recommendations you might make,

Zach