Old 16-02-2003, 11:44 AM
LeighMo

Default Am I going to kill All my Fishes?

Today I wanted to place that drift wood back into my tank so I added a cup
of "Clorox" in that bucket. I will wash the driftwood again with plenty of
water. But when I put it back will it leach "chlorine" and kill all my
fishes?

Soak it in water and dechlorinator until you can't smell the bleach any more.
(Maybe ask someone else if they can smell it, since if you're working with
bleach too long, you can't smell it any more.) Don't put it in the tank until
all the bleach smell is gone. Then add dechlor to the tank when you put the
driftwood in, just in case.

Another option would be put the driftwood out in the sun until it no longer
smells like bleach. The sun will break down the chlorine, too.

Leigh