Old 24-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Dave Millman

Default some plants don't like water movement?

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote:

I have a small 15 gallon wide tank and an aquaclear filter on the back. I
had kept a spot empty where the water falls out of the filter assuming that
some plants don't like heavy water movement. Is this true?

An aquaclear has a spill-over return, right? So the current is pretty mild. It's
just a matter of how much movement you want, or how much bending with stiffer
stems. I prefer no movement or bending, but the choice is yours.

In the case of power heads or cannister returns, the current can be significant,
and can rip some plants right out of the gravel! In that case, it's probably
more a matter of practicality than personal choice.