Old 25-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Bob A

Default after planting, pH 9

I planted (heavily) my 55g tank 3 days ago. I tested my water parameters
this morning (a tiger barb died, I don't know why) and my KH is 1 (or less)
and my pH is 9 (from 7.2).

I need help quick. I am guessing that the plants are using the CO2 rapidly?

I added TMG when I planted, less than half dose (as recommended by the
instructions) but stopped after I was told I might need to hold off a couple
weeks on fertilizer. I have a 1/3 flourite substrate. NO3 15ppm (same as
before I planted).

I guess I need to get some CO2 into the tank QUICK? I have brewers yeast on
the way. Would it help to turn the lights off in the meantime? 110w
installed immediately after planting.

thanks so much,

bob allred