Old 31-01-2003, 02:46 AM
zhanataya

Default Pansies In Distress

On 30 Jan 2003 15:54:57 -0800, (Fleemo) wrote:

I planted some nice healthy pansies a few weeks back, and they looked
great for a little while. But now, all the flowers look diseased.
I've clipped off all the flowers to start anew, but as they bloom,
they all look mangy, with brown rotten-looking, almost moldy edges.
I've posted a photo at
http://www.inhouzemusic.com/pansy.html.

What's causing this, and is there any way to treat the plants without
digging them all up, discarding them, and starting over?

Thanks!

Pansys are susceptible to midge infestations. I've haven't had a
midge problem with mine so I'm not sure what it looks like. You might
do a search on Google and see if it is a match. Also how cold has it
gotten where they are planted?

zhan