Old 20-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Rich Conley

Default newbie

I dunno guys.. I have a 10 gal with a single fluorescent type tube light on it,
15 W, and I can grow almost anything. Its 1.5 w/gal over only like 8 inches of
water....its probably 20 times as much light as 1.5 wat/gal over a 16" dep tank
(light decay is exponential).

WD wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
newbie thinking of puttin live plants into my small 10g tank any help

about
taking the leap wud be much appreciated

*******
Start he http://faq.thekrib.com/plant.html
*******
Keep it simple. Read that FAQ. Don't try CO2 (yet), don't get fancy stuff.
As suggested by the guy with the stuck shift key, in a standard 10 gallon,
you probably don't have enough light for many plants. Stick with java ferns,
the cryptocoryne family, or anubias. Let us know how it goes.

Billy