Old 28-02-2003, 02:12 AM
LeighMo

Default carbon filter media + planted tanks

1.) I'd like to know if it's best to take the carbon filter media out of my
planted tank and why?

Carbon isn't necessary in a planted tank. And some people fear it will remove
nutrients that the plants need. However, there's probably not enough carbon in
your filter insert to make a difference. If you have an Aquaclear or a
cannister filter, leave the carbon out of it. If you have something like a
Whisper, where the carbon is built into the pad, don't worry about it.

2.) I don't use C02 in my tank and I'd like to know if a small bubble stone
would prevent plant growth in any way..

Not at all. Aeration/surface agitation is good for a non-CO2 injected tank.

Leigh