Old 01-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Craig Brye

Default Purple Cobomba

The only plant I could think of would be Cabomba piauhyensis. This is
usually an extremely difficult plant for most people. It usually needs
around 4 watts of lighting for most tanks (under 75 gallons). It prefers
soft water and needs good fertilization and constant CO2 injection (it
cannot use carbon dioxide bonded to carbonates and bicarbonates in harder
water). The plant can grow to 20 inches or more.

Notice how I used the word "usually" because everyone's experience will
differ!

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

"WhiskerFish" wrote in message
Hello all

The LFS has a shipment in of Purple Cobomba. Really nice looking
stuff! Done numerous searches and have not been able to find any info
on it. Got my flourite and my lighting system delivered and want to
start planning a layout but need to know if this stuff will fit my
parameters. Any help would be appreciated.

WF