Old 19-05-2003, 08:08 AM
jammer

Default Dont forget the net or screen!

I am really enjoying the tadpoles in the pond. They are cute as heck.
I am going to miss them when they leave but will look forward to
future years. I can't see if they have any front legs, they are so
black. But they like being out in the open. At times they pool
together 0-1/4 inch under the water on bricks I have in there for the
toads. I pushed some azolla over the top of the bricks to conceal them
so they chose lilly pads. My concern is that they are getting bigger
and like the surface. I am going to screen one end where the bricks
are by day and remove it for the toads by night. I wonder if i
shouldn't go do that now instead of wait for tomorrow and not have any
babies left? Uh, yes, but it will freak out the toads when they try
to get out on that end...I wish the babies liked it somewhere else.
The middle would be easy to protect....Just the same, here i go.