Old 31-01-2003, 04:05 PM
Pam

Default Nandina

Dan wrote:

Can I move an established nandina? They are a few years old and in full
shade . Anything I should do/not do when moving from almost full shade
to spot with ~5~6 hours afternoon sun?

Established nandinas can be moved as easily as any other shrub. The plants
are bound to suffer some distress being moved from a nearly full shade
situation to that much sun. Make sure they get plenty of water until they
have adjusted, as well as whatever protection you can manage - at least on a
temporary basis through the summer months - from the afternoon sun. They
should take about a season to become properly adjusted.

pam - gardengal