Old 01-02-2003, 06:41 AM
gregpresley

Default Nandina

Nandina in Tallahassee did poorly in full sun conditions. When self -sown it
NEVER appeared in a sunny area - usually in dappled to full shade areas.
Nandina can be and is grown as a sun plant in temperate climates with cooler
summers, but I would be cautious about moving into full sun in Dallas. Don't
you have any other spot it can go into? Either that, or build it some
protection - a little lathe house or something. It might survive, but
probably with scorched leaves, poor growth, etc.
"Dan" wrote in message
Can I move an established nandina? They are a few years old and in full
shade . Anything I should do/not do when moving from almost full shade
to spot with ~5~6 hours afternoon sun?

Thx
Dan
Zone 8 , Dallas TX