Old 13-02-2003, 10:56 PM

Default Water Change?

"B." wrote in message . ..
In a planted tank, exactly what percentage of water should be changed every
week? Some say 10%, 25% i have even heard up to as much as 40%. I
currently do 10% of my tank once a week, but i was wondering...Is that
enough? If someone has an answer for me please let me know and the reasons
behind that amount. ?Thank you.

I do 50% weekly.
It takes the same amount of time almost to do 20% vs 50%.

I do it to keep any nutrients from building up too high and dosing
2-3times a week to prevent anything from getting too low.

In this manner I am able to easily maintain excellent nutrient
ranges(all of the nutrients) for my plants.
The tank is kept clean and the water optically clearer.

I've been doing this for many years. I have not use medications in
over 15 years. Fish are very happy and so are the plants.

Regards,
Tom Barr