Old 16-02-2003, 06:53 AM
Marty

Default Am I going to kill All my Fishes?

After soaking your driftwood in Clorox, rinse it, then soak it in regular
tap water with a dechlorinator, then rinse it again. I've done this with
airstones - works well.

"Aqua" wrote in message
Mine is 55Gal heavily planted tank. When I was on vacation (one month) I
left my tank without maintenance and I got lot of algae in my tank. At

that
time I removed ,my Driftwood from tank for cleaning purpose. But I left it
my garage in a bucket full of water. This drift wood has some kind of

algae
that I am not able to remove it with a nylon a brush. This algae is like
small fans (max 1cm) or small clumps (more of a black color).

Today I wanted to place that drift wood back into my tank so I added a cup
of "Clorox" in that bucket. I will wash the driftwood again with plenty of
water. But when I put it back will it leach "chlorine" and kill all my
fishes?

--
Thank You

Dominic