Old 17-02-2003, 01:20 PM
WhiskerFish

Default Newbie looking for lighting advice

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:52:38 -0800, Dave Millman
wrote:

WhiskerFish wrote:

At this time I prefer not to
go into the buisness of CO2 and lots of fertilizers. I think a "Slow
growth" tank is more my plan if such a thing exists.

Yes, such a thing exists, and you can enjoy it immensly. Target 1-1.5 watts per
gallon. But do read up on the Krib and elsewhere, because it is at this time that
you can most easily make good decisions about lighting and substrate.

That is exactly the range I am thinking about. 50 to 100 watts. I
think I am set on a 48" double tube design, now I have to figure out
the mix of bulbs. I currently have only a gravel substrate and am
thinking/ researching on how to upgrade that as well.
Thanks

WF