Old 17-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Dave Millman

Default What am I forgetting?

LeighMo wrote:

- Thermometer and heaters (I was thinking 2 x 250 watt would be appropriate?

You might want to step that back a bit. I bought two 250 watt heaters because
the tank is right in front of a very drafty window. I live in the northeast,
and it gets extremely cold in the winter.

But I ended up using only one heater, and even set at 79, it almost never goes
on.

Leigh is right. On my 72 I have 2x150watts, and on the coldest nights, when the
lights are out, they each are on less tahn 50% of the time. The advantage of two is
that if one fails either on or off, it doesn't kill the fish.