Old 18-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Robert H

Default Which CO2 Reactor?

"John Worfin" wrote in message .net...
I'm looking to replace my broken CO2 reactor. Any suggestions?

Depends on what size tank you have. Aquamedic has a real nice external
reactor, the Reactor 1000, that can hang on the back of your aquarium
or underneath it using a cannister filter, sump, or pump. It has a lot
of surface area with balls inside it. Easy to hook up and reliable. It
is for larger tanks 75 gallons up to 500 gallons, although one of my
customers hooked it up to a 30 gallon tank!

If you have a smaller tank, Aqua medic's basic Reactor 500 is
inexpensive and does the job...around $27. Just hook a Rio 50 to it.
Or Aqua Medic has a passive diffusor called a membrane reactor that
does not require a pump at all. And it is very inexpensive. You can
see all these things he http://www.aquabotanic.com/CO2page.html

Robert