Old 19-05-2003, 01:32 PM
don

Default Keeping opened seed packets?

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
Do brassica and other veg seeds keep from one year to the next? If so what
is the best way to do this?

There are always far too many cabbage seeds in a packet (Durham early) and
rather than waste any I plant the lot and typically get 100% germination.
This means we have a serious glut of cabbage at this time of the year. No
visitors are allowed to leave without taking a cabbage with them. Our
neighbours help, but they can only eat so many. We eat cabbage everyday

and
will soon start to look like cabbages. I am on the verge of grabbing
pedestrians as they walk past the house "Pssst, Mister, Want a cabbage?".
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

Still using a variety of seeds collected 5 years ago-all perennial type
plants--I guess veg seeds will last as long