Old 19-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Tom Randy

Default Lucky Bamboo: How to raise one?

On Mon, 19 May 2003 11:53:41 -0400, john63401 wrote:

I bought a small Luck Bamboo at Walmart just for the heck of it.

I really know nothing abt them other than they are easy to grow.

It came in a small container that appears to be filled with glass marbles
and some foam.

Can and should I remove it from this container and plant in a bigger
container?

If yes.... what container? And what type of soil or "medium"?

I understand that all the really need is to be kept wet. If yes....can
you just plant it in something like glass marbles?

Also....can I set it outside for the summer? And how big will it get
eventually?

Thanks in advance!

If you do a Google search you'll learn what to do. Basically, moderate
light (no sun), LEave it in the container with water at the bottom up to
about an inch. That's all there is to it. Some plant it in soil, mine is
in a small vase with an inch of water on the bottom and it gets low-medium
light.