Old 19-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Unique Too

Default Are climbing roses more suseptable to disease?

"GamePlayer No. 1058" writes:

The one climber that came up on it's own is full of mildew (I went to the
store and got some spray, then took a closer look at the climber, it's got
mildew all over the place). At first I didnt think so, but then I noticed
the other rose bushes that have it are my color magic, BUT, it's not
actually on the Color Magic, it's on a sucker that grew out last year, and
this sucker has the same flowers that my climber does.

Theres also another climber that was mismarked from home depot from last
year, it wasnt marked as a climber, but it's showing that it is a climber
AND has the same flowers as my other climbers.

All three of your "climbers" are Dr. Huey the rootstock of the original rose.

So, are they more suseptable to disease like white powder mildew?

And, yes, Dr. Huey is more suseptable to powdery milder and blackspot than many
other roses. Not all roses are created equal. Dr. Huey is a good rootstock
for many areas, but it isn't the most disease resistant variety out there.