Old 19-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Geir Harris Hedemark

Default Culture books

I just got my copy of Grove: "Vandas and ascocendas and their
combinations with other genera". Nice book, a bit old, but it has one
bit which details orchid culture. It says, among other not-so-relevant
things, that strap-leaved vandas will fold their leaves if subjected
to too much light. My small sansai blue has now been moved away from
the light. So has my epidendrum keikis.

Are there any other books out there with similar help for novices? If
I hadn't gotten hold of that book, I would have left the sansai where
it was the rest of summer with a seriously damaged plant come
fall for my troubles.

(It was at 35klux 15h per day, by the way. Now at 30klux for 12h.)

Geir