Old 19-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Matt the Rat

Default Too many fish

Tbumpy wrote:
We have a large pond (about 3500 gallons) and it's just full of goldfish. We
were able to catch some last year and give them away, but this year they have
gotten smarter. We could easily give away 100 fish and still have plenty. The
problem is catching them. Does anyone know of a way other than netting them
since the pond is so large and the fish are so fast?

Somebody had a suggestion earlier, which I should be trying tomorrow.
Take a plastic drink bottle, cut off the top 1/3, turn upside down and
staple it to the bottom section. This creates a sort of funnel.

Hopefully with a bit of bait small-and-dim fish will swim inside and not
be able to work out how to escape.

--
Matt
Matt at Matt The Rat dot com