Old 19-05-2003, 09:56 PM
V_coerulea

Default Lucky Bamboo: How to raise one?

I believe they're just some sort of dracaena or close relative. I think if
you put them in soil they might tend to grow more dracaena-like, more
robust. Put them in whatever decorative water container and enjoy them as a
"cut flower". Possibly a little dilute fertilizer will help if the plant has
roots and some sun.

wrote in message
I bought a small Luck Bamboo at Walmart just for the
heck of it.

I really know nothing abt them other than they are easy
to grow.

It came in a small container that appears to be filled
with glass marbles and some foam.

Can and should I remove it from this container and
plant in a bigger container?

If yes.... what container? And what type of soil or
"medium"?

I understand that all the really need is to be kept
wet. If yes....can you just plant it in something like
glass marbles?

Also....can I set it outside for the summer? And how
big will it get eventually?

Thanks in advance!