Old 19-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Kevin

Default My Redbud Tree died, why?

Hi, I live in the Chicago area and noticed that my redbud tree is not
sprouting this year. Upon further investigation it seems to be totally
dead. The tree was about 10 years old and had been planed in this location
for about three years, and doing quite well until this spring.

It was a colder winter than we have seen in sometime around Chicago, could
this be the problem? It was also a very dry winter with very little snow
cover.

One last thing, I have a grub problem that I am currently trying to get rid
of. Could this have contributed to the tree's demise?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!