Old 19-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Kevin

Default My Redbud Tree died, why?

Hi, I live in the Chicago area and noticed that my redbud tree is not
sprouting this year. Upon further investigation it seems to be totally
dead. The tree was about 10 years old and had been planed in this location
for about three years, and doing quite well until this spring.

It was a colder winter than we have seen in sometime around Chicago, could
this be the problem? It was also a very dry winter with very little snow
cover.

One last thing, I have a grub problem that I am currently trying to get rid
of. Could this have contributed to the tree's demise?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Old 19-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Hugh Jass

Go to your nearest pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for some sildenafil
citrate. Get it in 100 mg tablets if you can. Take 10 tablets and
crush them up in a small bowl. Mix the crushed tablets with one cup of
warm water until they dissolve. Drink the resulting mixture.

It won't do a thing for your redbud, but you really won't care anymore.

Old 19-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Cereoid-UR12

Your is a rhetorical question, right?

The question is moot!!!!

It really doesn't matter now that the plant is dead.

You should be more concerned about getting a replacement.

Old 22-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Kevin

Actually, it is not a rhetorical question. I was just hoping that somebody
would give me some advice as to why this tree died. I was hoping to find
out information like whether these trees are marginal growers in this zone,
whether the drier than normal winter contributed to its demise, or whether
any special care needs to be taken with this type of tree.

What I can't seem to understand is how somebody has the time, or would want
to put forth the effort to send such a useless reply.

.com...

Old 22-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Opinicus

Kevin said:

What I can't seem to understand is how somebody has the time, or
would want to put forth the effort to send such a useless reply.

"Cereoid-UR12" appears to be the group's resident
troll at the moment.

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

Old 22-05-2003, 04:56 PM
paghat

In article , "Opinicus"
wrote:

Kevin said:

What I can't seem to understand is how somebody has the time, or
would want to put forth the effort to send such a useless reply.

"Cereoid-UR12" appears to be the group's resident
troll at the moment.

No, he's the resident curmudgeon. You never had an uncle like that?

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 22-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Bill Spohn

"Cereoid-UR12" appears to be the group's resident
troll at the moment.

No, he's the resident curmudgeon. You never had an uncle like that?

Curmudgeon is one thing (I've been accused of this myself), but I'd classify
some of the responses I've seen from that source as straying into the
phallocephalic area, without doubt.
Old 22-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Ann

"Opinicus" expounded:

"Cereoid-UR12" appears to be the group's resident
troll at the moment.

Actually, he's one of the most knowledgable posters we have here in
wreck.gardens, he just has strange.......fixations.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 23-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Ann contains these words:

"Opinicus" expounded:

"Cereoid-UR12" appears to be the group's resident
troll at the moment.

Actually, he's one of the most knowledgable posters we have here in
wreck.gardens, he just has strange.......fixations.

A higher degree of knowledge is no excuse for unprovoked abuse.

Janet.