Old 19-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Mike

Default Advice & ides sought

In article , Andy
Kelly writes

After 4 years I'm beginning to wonder why we bought
this bl**dy house which was owned by Mr Bodgit.

And in 1986, thanks to Maggie Thatcher and her destruction of Great
Britain's Industrial Business, I lost everything, beautiful big house
out in the country as well. (Yes I know I should not have put it up as
security, but it seemed a good idea at the time. Wonderful thing
hindsight). I was 'just' able to start again and I too got a house which
was owned by a Mr Bodgit. A dreadful house, a lot to do to it and a
thumping great big mortgage 'again' at the age of 50. (When we went down
I actually signed on, on my 50th birthday!!) 'Stay a while to
consolidate your assets' was my Accountant's advice :-)))

This year, we have completed the final stage of refurbishment. New
windows all round, new kitchen (the old one is a garden room with double
doors out onto a sunny patio) and it is all paid for now, mortgage
finished.

So your bl**dy house 'can' be turned into something nice. BTW, your
garden looks a treat compared to what was left for us. 6 kids, 2 dogs
Him above knows how many cats;-)

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more