Old 19-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Cereoid-UR12

Default Narcissus ripped up by "garden" service - what to do? Help!

It just goes to show that not just any incompetent moron can do gardening.
Wonder if the doofus was a certified Master Gardener? Fire your "garden
service" and tell them why. I bet you would love to have some other
"service" come and beat the crap out of the idiot for you!!

The leaves that the numskull pulled off were all that the Narcissus will
produce for this year.

Dig them up while you still know where they are and the fool does anything
else nutty to the garden. They have no chance of ripening properly to
produce flowers for next year.

Fortunately, the dayliles should produce new foliage if they are left alone.

ellie clemens wrote in message
Last fall I planted some narcissus bulbs that I think are a type I've
been searching for for many years. I saw them in a friend's garden, she
gave me bulbs, and I was eagerly awaiting their flowering to see if they
had the same scent as the ones from long ago in my mother's garden.
Well, this past weekend a so called garden service came in to clear out
some old beds, and they attacked this one - which was supposed to be off
limits - and the idiot of a guy ripped the leaves off of all my
narcissus. Along with some very expensive daylilies but that's another
rant. Well, since he was such an idiot he also didn't know that weeding
entails pulling up roots, so all he did was rip off the tops of all the
things he savaged. So here I am with these narcissus bulbs lurking
there underground somewhere. Obviously, I could just let them stay
there and wait until next year. But I'm moving to a new house and was
planning on taking these bulbs. So should I dig them up now or wait to
see if they put up some leaves? Don't know how the poor things are
going to survive without any leaves at all....

--

http://www.ellieclemens.com