Old 19-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Alex

Default Rechargeable mower problem

Mike P. wrote in message . ..
Hi folks! Hoping some wise person out there will know the answer to
this one...

I've got a Craftsman rechargeable lawnmower that I've used happily for
~3 years. A couple of weeks ago the grass started growin', so I
charged the sucker up and began to mow.

Trouble is, the darn thing doesn't seem to be holding a charge like it
used to. I can cut about 1/3 of my very small urban yard on a charge.
In the past, getting through the whole thing on a single charge wasn't
a problem!

Any ideas what the problem might be? Battery no good any more? (I hope
not, b/c Sears wants $147 for a replacement!) Charger, maybe?

I currently have the same problem, but I have the Ryobi bmm2400
version and cannot find a place for parts.

The 24V craftsman version should be the same, If you could send me the
sears model number I might be able to get parts for mine.

$147 does not seem to be an unreasonable amount for a 24v sealed
lead-acid battery.