Old 22-02-2003, 12:03 PM
LeighMo

Default water testing

I read alot about KH and Gh on here....I've also seen the chart relating
it all to PH.

I have a Ph test kit, But I'm not sure I'm operating at optimum
conditions...

Can someone tell me What my goals should be(Numerical values) and how to
obtain this info and with what product??

I wouldn't bother trying to adjust pH or KH. It's not worth the hassle.
Plants and fish aren't that delicate (unless you're trying to breed wild-caught
discus or something).

Your KH tells you what pH you should aim for (via CO2 injection). See this
article and chart:

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

If your tank is not CO2-injected, I wouldn't worry about pH, KH, and GH at all.

Leigh