Old 20-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default water celery invasiveness?

You know, that is a good question. I have never thought about how to make
it grow in dirt. It roots like crazy in water and goes underground by
itself! Bonnie is right, I do mow ours when it hits the lawn. If I were
going to try to send it to earth when it was not behaving, I would get good
roots in water with fertilizer and put one of the sprigs in the dirt of a
pot next to the water. That would let the parent grow undamaged while the
child sends roots.

Good luck.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"jammer" j@mmer wrote in message
On Tue, 20 May 2003 01:14:44 GMT, Bonnie Espenshade
wrote:

It has jumped the pond here also and has taken root in the
mulch. Jim said that he mows his down - I must yank it out.

So how do you pot yours? Mine won't grow no matter what i do.