Old 20-05-2003, 05:44 AM
John Rutz

Default water celery invasiveness?

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
You know, that is a good question. I have never thought about how to make
it grow in dirt. It roots like crazy in water and goes underground by
itself! Bonnie is right, I do mow ours when it hits the lawn. If I were
going to try to send it to earth when it was not behaving, I would get good
roots in water with fertilizer and put one of the sprigs in the dirt of a
pot next to the water. That would let the parent grow undamaged while the
child sends roots.

Good luck.

Jim

I plant some of mine in dirt pockets in the rocks some at and some above
the water line and it does great gets wattered from the sprinklers in
the garden next to the pond some of it seems to grow beter than that in
the pond the ones that have moved into the garden itself dont grow
quite as well when it starts gettin too rambunkious I transplant it
back into the pond
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com