Old 20-05-2003, 06:20 AM
zookeeper

Default water celery invasiveness?

jammer wrote:

Are you saying that it would grow faster just thrown in the pond, or
maybe with the roots in one of those "baskets"? I have tried kitty
litter, rocks, and soil. The roots are everywhere! But the leaves are
few....I want leaves.

Mine grew well just anchored in a pot or pond basket with gravel / lava
rock. Within a month it had filled the basket with roots and the leaves
were spilling over all sides. The koi like to trim both the roots and
leaves. I did the same thing with watercress. This year I'm floating
watercress in a paint strainer (nylon mesh) over a tube hoop. My water
celery froze year before last -- I think that's the only reason it
didn't take over our pond and backyard.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper
3500gal pond (Oregon)