Old 20-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Jim W

Default Coir Matting

Jo Ling wrote:

This is a bit of a long shot, but here goes...

Does anyone know where I can get coir matting for outdoor use? We have a
balcony that is approx. 10' by 10' (that's 3m by 3m to the decimalised) and
I want to put some coir matting down as a sort of flooring material. I'm
sure it used to be popular not so many years ago, but searches of the
internet for "coir" + "matting", and variations thereof, don't seem to come
up with anything useful. I just want to be able to roll out a couple of
lengths, not have to stitch a dozen "welcome" mats together.

Depends what kind you mean. 'Doormat' type matting is available cut to
size from larger suppliers (eg John Lewis) or try a firm that does
industrial fitting, eg for hotle lobby's and suchlike..

Also used in packing AFAIK so mebee try there.
//
Jim