Old 20-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Jo Ling

Default Coir Matting

This is a bit of a long shot, but here goes...

Does anyone know where I can get coir matting for outdoor use? We have a
balcony that is approx. 10' by 10' (that's 3m by 3m to the decimalised) and
I want to put some coir matting down as a sort of flooring material. I'm
sure it used to be popular not so many years ago, but searches of the
internet for "coir" + "matting", and variations thereof, don't seem to come
up with anything useful. I just want to be able to roll out a couple of
lengths, not have to stitch a dozen "welcome" mats together.

TIA

Jo

Old 20-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Paul Kelly

"Jo Ling" wrote in message
This is a bit of a long shot, but here goes...

Does anyone know where I can get coir matting for outdoor use? We have a
balcony that is approx. 10' by 10' (that's 3m by 3m to the decimalised)

and
I want to put some coir matting down as a sort of flooring material. I'm
sure it used to be popular not so many years ago, but searches of the
internet for "coir" + "matting", and variations thereof, don't seem to

come
up with anything useful. I just want to be able to roll out a couple of
lengths, not have to stitch a dozen "welcome" mats together.

try a search for coconut matting that throws up a few firms dealing in large
rolls

pk

Old 20-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Jim W

Jo Ling wrote:

This is a bit of a long shot, but here goes...

Does anyone know where I can get coir matting for outdoor use? We have a
balcony that is approx. 10' by 10' (that's 3m by 3m to the decimalised) and
I want to put some coir matting down as a sort of flooring material. I'm
sure it used to be popular not so many years ago, but searches of the
internet for "coir" + "matting", and variations thereof, don't seem to come
up with anything useful. I just want to be able to roll out a couple of
lengths, not have to stitch a dozen "welcome" mats together.

Depends what kind you mean. 'Doormat' type matting is available cut to
size from larger suppliers (eg John Lewis) or try a firm that does
industrial fitting, eg for hotle lobby's and suchlike..

Also used in packing AFAIK so mebee try there.
//
Jim

Sedum Matting Richard Edwards United Kingdom 7 09-04-2009 07:57 PM
Neem oil, Neem seed meal, Neem coir, coco peat, coir pots, bio compost, rock phosphate, steamed bone meal, Vermiculite [email protected] Plant Biology 0 29-06-2006 05:51 AM
capilliary matting ken cohen United Kingdom 17 11-06-2004 09:36 AM
Carbon Matting Ponds 2 18-05-2004 05:07 AM
Straw vs plastic matting for weed control David Bunch Gardening 6 29-01-2004 02:42 AM