Old 20-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] Wedgie ?? (was: root pruning and one sided growth)

Thanks for the useful azalea info Jim.

I have a few 15 year old azalea's in my garden that must be removed because
of my wife's landscaping plans.

Should I consider giving them a "wedgie" as soon as the flowers are
finished, bare root them, perform the wedgie, plant them in a large pot in
bonsai soil, give them minimal sunshine and no fertilizer ?

How about pruning the foliage?

Sorry for all the questions but I'd rather not loose them !!

Mark Hill - Central PA - Zone 6