Old 20-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default lawn daisy

The message
from (Helen) contains these words:

Hello. You will almost certainly be able to get the seed from Chiltern
Seeds or Suffolk Herbs. But.....do you know anyone with daisies in
their lawn - just dig up a few and transplant them to your lawn. It is
lovely to hear of someone who appreciates these pretty flowers. Some
people actually try to get rid of them! - Unbelievable.

I love them too. Believe it or not, lawn daisies are quite picky
about location. At the last garden I tried for years to increase them,
with sparse results. This garden is the first I've ever had where they
grow really thick and fast in great carpets across the grass, as
recalled from childhood daisy-chain days. I also like to see lots of
blue speedwell in the lawn.

Janet.