Old 20-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Clueless Merchants

Frogleg said:

On Sat, 17 May 2003 04:50:15 GMT, "Dave Allyn"
(Dave Allyn) wrote:

On a slightly related topic.. I havn't been in this group long.. but
It is the first group I have ever posted to on this email addy...

Now I get upwards of 20 spams a day.. used to get maybe one a
week... sigh shoulda setup my email address differant like it is
now to begin with....

It's not the fault of this group. ANY place you publically post your
un-cyphered e-mail address will probably be mined.

Some ISP are better at rejecting spam than others. Posting to this group doesn't
seem to be associated with much spam at my 'public' address , although there is
another group I occasionally post to which definitely causes a (temporary) surge in
spam.

I have a particular address I use for registering with web pages. It gets *loaded*
with spam. I have others which I keep completely private. These addresses
have both gotten at least one spam email, probably from a spam engine that
combines various and sundry initials to 'surname@[some_isp].'

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)