Old 20-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default String algae

Your phosphate level is too high. Are you using pond PH adjusting/buffering
chemicals? They are mostly phosphate. Do you add miricle grow sticks or
other "land plant" fertilizer in your water or to the dirt for plants that
are located in water? They are usually high in phosphate. You can purchase a
phosphate kit at the pet store for about $15.00-$20.00.

"Cin1754" wrote in message
This is my second summer with my pond. Last year, my water was crystal

clear,
and I attributed that to my wonderful care (LOL) and the UV light. This

year,
I have so much string algae, that I hate looking in the pond every

morning.
The water quality is fine, I just checked everything yesterday. Any
suggestions?