Old 20-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Wanted! A list of trees from So. Africa

Hi Katie.

Here is a short-ish list off the top of my head:

Various thorn trees (especially Acacia nigrescens, A.robusta,

A.karoo, A.
erioloba, A. galpinii)
Various Ficus (notably F.natalensis,F.burtt-davyii,F.ingens)
Wild Olive (Olea europea Africana)
white Olive (Buddleja saligna)
Erica species (heathers- these are very temperamental and not

attempted
often)
Camel-foot (Bauhinia sp.)
Ouhout (Leucosidea sericea)
Mallow (Anisodontea Scabrosa)
Baobab (Adansonia digitata) -if you're feeling brave
White stinkwood (Celtis africana)
Confetti bush (Coleonema sp.)
Karee species (Rhus lancea, R.kuni)
Yellow wood (Podocarpus)
Kei Apple (Dovyalis sp.)
Jade plant/Elephants' foot
Buffalo thorn (Ziziphus mucronata)
Waterberries (Indigenous Syzigium species)
Cabbage Tree (Cussonia sp)
Cycads (Cycas, Encaphalartos species)

snip

Hope this helps,
Peter
Benoni, South Africa

Goodie! Once again the IBC proves itself!

Thanks, Peter.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --